Yan, Tan, Tethera, Pethera, Pimp!

Yan, Tan, Tethera, Pethera, Pimp!

Monday, June 4, 2012

Let me introduce the gang:

Jessie is my first border collie. She was born on the 27th of July 2005, and I picked her because she seemed to be the calmest puppy of the litter. Boy, did I have the wrong impression! She's been always full of life, eager to work and very keen on herding animals. It all started with the chickens, she loved to herd them. So I started to go to sheep herding classes with her, and that's when it al began...





After I struggled for five years to learn the mysterious art of herding sheep, I decided to have me a new pup. All I had learned from and with Jessie, including the lots of mistakes I had made, I could try to do better with this new one, so I thought. Since I had requests for pups of Jessie herself from a few people, I finally found the perfect mate for her in the International Supreme Champion 2009: Dewi Tweed, owned by Richard Millichap. And so she had a litter in July 2011, but more about that later.


End of April 2011, when Jessie had mated with Tweed, I still didn't notice anything about her being pregnant. So I thought she was empty and I wouldn't get a pup out of her. By chance, I saw a very interesting litter on Facebook: there were still a few pups available, sired by Dutch Champion Jim, owned by Serge van der Zweep. I went to have a look, but didn't choose the one I was going for. Instead I chose the one with the blue eye, the one I certainly wasn't going to take! And so Floyd came to join us, and he is the most lovely and sweetest boy you've ever seen :)






More about the others later!

No comments:

Post a Comment